Cover Ups 101: Which Swimsuit Cover Up Is Best For You?
You’ve been waiting all year. Summer is finally here and if you haven’t already, you probably planned on soaking up the sun next to the beach or pool somewhere. You’ve got your tanning lotion, some good music and you’re ready to relax. However, there may be some instances where you’ll want to cover up — Maybe you need to run to the restroom, get a bite to eat, walk the beach when the sun sets and it’s a little breezy or maybe you’re simply ready to head home. These are all legit reasons to cover up your bod, but what type of cover up style are you? This simple accessory has become very common accessory to the swimsuit. Below is a slideshow of a few common cover up styles:
- The Caftan: this cover up is a very common style — a light piece of fabric made from see through, lace, solid, patterned materials that typically cover up your body from the neck down can be used in a multitude of settings.
- The Dress: This design is very versatile. From sporty to casual – this quick-drying cover up can easily be accessorized as if you planned on attending a local beach or tiki bar for a few drinks and decide to go dancing.
- Tunic Pull-over shirt: Much like the caftan, this comes in a variety of fashions, knitted of woven, these styles are easy, comfortable and designed for those on the go.
- Rashguard Tee: This is for those that plan on hitting a few waves or walking the beach. This look could be combined with matching swimsuit bottoms or a loose pair of drawstring shorts if you want that ‘sporty’ look.
Alternative (yet fresh) Bathing Suit Cover Up Designs
Everyone that isn’t living under a rock knows the latest trend is the romper – and it has been making a robust comeback (especially with men). When it comes to wearing them as a cover up, these are the ideal choice for a day near the water. They’re easy to get in and out of when you’re ready to hit the water and a good enough to stroll the beach – just don’t forget your floppy hat and cute shades!
Here are some other examples (and slideshow) of cover up designs that are growing in popularity:
- Pareo: These are the type of wraps that you could put around your waist, upper chest or neck. Extremely versatile and trendy, this look is timeless and is a fun call back to beach fashion during the ‘70s.
- Demin Jacket: When is the last time you’ve seen somebody sporting a denim jacket at the beach? Hardly ever, right? Well, that’s what makes these so alluring. Not only that, but it’s a perfect alternative when the weather cools down and the breeze starts rolling in off ocean.
- Clam diggers: Often time seen in cotton or spandex, you could compare this to a capri-style of pants that’s very comfortable if you plan on attending anything near the water with no intentions of getting in. It dries off very quickly and is easy to move around in.
Many of these designs/styles can be found by following the latest fashion Instagrammers or celebrity socialites. Brands like Juicy Couture, Victoria Secret, Burberry and even Oakley are all pulling out the stops when it comes to trendy looks in swimsuit/cover up wear.