Ombre Hair: What is it?
If you are looking for a low-maintenance new hairstyle, ombre hair might be just the thing for you. The color starts out darkest up closest to your roots. It then lightens in shade the further down the hair shaft you get. The look adds in depth and color that many other hairstyles aren’t able to do for you. A balayage technique is often used to create the look. Your hair will look amazing down or in an up-do. The possibilities are endless when you have this stylish new technique used on your hair.
Caring for Ombre Hair
If you went with ombre hair, you need to make sure you are doing everything in your power to care for your hair properly. Here are a few simple hair care tips to make sure your locks look sensational at all times:
- Only wash your locks 2-3 times per week. Washing it every day can deprive your hair of the natural oils it needs and leave you with oily or dry hair. It also causes your color to fade.
- Your hair needs plenty of moisture. Apply ample conditioner to the roots and let it sit for 2-5 minutes before you rinse it off. Try using coconut oil to keep your hair soft and shiny.
- Avoid using any heat styling tools as they can cause your hair to break. They also make ombre hair look unhealthy.
- Consider going with a purple shampoo. This will help eliminate yellow tones and allow you to maintain the pale blonde look. Leave it on for a couple minutes and wash it off.
- Lemon juice is a great alternative to purple shampoo. The juice from 1-3 lemons might be enough to keep your hair looking amazing for longer. Add some honey to give your hair enough moisture.
Celebrities with Ombre Hair
There are a number of celebrities today who have ombre hair. Some of those include Drew Barrymore, Jessica Biel, Beyonce, Olivia Wilde, Alexa Chung, Lily Aldridge, Lauren Conrad, Sarah Jessica Parker and countless others.
With ombre hair being such a popular option today, it might be just the style you were looking for. Eliminate roots and get a rocking new do with ombre hair! Already have the style? Shop for products to maintain your style at The-E-Tailer.com!